Monday, August 24, 2009

List in Review

With less than a year remaining I thought I would recap my unfinished tasks. I can't believe I have finished less than half! This list is going to have some big time failures!

3. Get a passport - This one really should be done. I have a coupon in my wallet for free passport photos from Walgreens... Hopefully by the end of 2009.

4. Go to Las Vegas - This has been way harder than I expected. My husband simply does not want to go. It makes me realize that I should have just put "go on a vacation" on my list instead of a specific destination.

5. Make a coffee table - This one is nearly complete. There are some finishing touches that need to be done by C before I feel I can truly cross it off.

6. Go to Costa Rica - Need a passport for this one :) We had planned to take this trip this past spring or early summer. That was before my sister got engaged and planned a summer wedding. We didn't have the time & money to do it after all. Maybe next year...

7. Pay off credit cards - Getting there. Progress is all I can hope for with this one.

8. Take a hot air balloon ride - How does one go about doing this anyways??

9. Learn to Scuba - I don't think I have enough time left on my list to actually complete this either.

11. Make wedding album - I still need photos from our photographer. I am just bummed I don't love my photos. I really want to do a photo shoot with C & I so I have photos of us that I love. sigh. I swear I will do something about this soon.

13. Lose 25 pounds (10/25) - I changed my BCP and it seems to be helping me lose weight, or at least keep it off instead of yo-yoing.

17. Buy/Make a headboard - Still don't know what I want for my headboard. Right now the body pillow against the wall is doing just fine ;)

18. Finish love seat project - Well I need C's help for this and he thinks the project is done enough. We shall see.

19. Go to Yellowstone - Again I shouldn't have picked a specific place. I should have just put "go to a new to me National Park". Then I could have counted Sequoia National Forest and Kings Canyon. I didn't do that though. I really don't think we will be able to go to all these places in the next year. It is called limited vacation time people!

20. Start house hunting - Well we kind of started this. We talked to our bank about a mortgage and they made us want to cry, so we put it on hold for now.

21. Buy a house - Overwhelmed

23. Buy a car - The more I think about it, we do just fine with one car. I don't think we need a second until our life circumstances change (baby, school, etc.).

24. Get a couples massage with the hubby - I think I will have to trick him to actually be able to complete this :)

25. Go camping - We have plans of camping once it gets cooler.

27. Make a list of 100+ things that make me happy - I started this awhile back and let me just say that coming up with a 100+ things is freaking hard!! I petered out at 30ish. I have made it all the way to 49 now though, hopefully I will complete this list soon!

28. Find a new church - There are so many factors in finding a new church that we both love. For me the sermons have to be engaging. For C they have to have great music and the minister not talk with a William Shatner cadence. For me, the congregation needs to make me feel loved. This one is super hard since I grew up with all the people at my church back home. I simply will never be able to find that anywhere, but home. sigh.

32. Get back into yoga - I am having trouble finding a class I love. I really loved my Pilates/Yoga fusion class in college, but I can't find anything like it here. I have done quite a bit of yoga on the Wii though, so at least there is that.

33. Buy expensive lingerie - This will be crossed off soon. I have booked a boudoir photo session and have plans to buy some lingerie. Keep you posted on how that shopping adventure goes!

36. Find a job I love - Still haven't figured out what that job is yet...

37. Buy a china cabinet - I haven't found one that I LOVE yet. I am beginning to think that is simply does not exist.

38. Finish buying china - I forgot about this. Maybe I need to start buying a piece a month or something...

40. Get wedding dress cleaned - Long story short, I had every intention of getting this done right after my trash the dress session, then I was told to wait to clean it. Then when nothing happened I forgot about it and have yet to get it cleaned. Need to find a cleaner in Austin to do this.

43. Learn how to make Creme Brulee - Not even sure I like creme brulee, what was I thinking?

44. Help SMD get a new job and relocate - I have given up on this. I have made lots of effort and she seems perfectly happy being discontented.

49. Find a fabulous swimsuit - I found a bikini that I like alot, but I am still on the hunt for a one piece I love.

50. Splurge on a pair of shoes - Does $50 count?

52. Read 50 books (48/50) - Nearly there!! And with the books I have queued up to read I will be done before November!!

55. Buy a designer purse - I haven't found a purse in nearly three years that I love. That is sad my friends, sad indeed. Keeping my eyes peeled everywhere I go though.

56. Make a fountain for the patio (started) - Good lord this has been a thorn in my side. Hope to be able to finish it once the weather cools off and allows for us to be outside again.

60. Learn about investments (401k, ira, etc) - This isn't done yet because it bores me to death to listen to C drone on about it. LOL.

61. File taxes by the end of January or as soon as we have W2s if after Jan (2/3) - See no reason why this won't be finished early 2010.

67. Visit a Texas winery - I might be able to cross this off in September. I will be at one for a work related reason, but it counts right?

68. Go to Big Bend Park - Again, should have just put new park.

69. Make a new piece of stained glass - It has been too hot to work in the garage to make anything.

70. Finish dining room chair project - I'll do this soon I swear ;)

71. Take an art class - Does a scrapbooking class count?

75. Burn photos to cds - I haven't made many cds, but I have copied all files to an external hard drive. that counts, right?

78. Adopt an animal through the WWF - Maybe for Christmas I will do this.

79. Donate to American Cancer Society - I think I have done this, but failed to cross it off. I will have to look back at my records...

80. Volunteer at an animal shelter - I need to find out how to do this. Any one know?

81. Learn to play chess - Maybe when winter arrives and we have less desire to be outside...

83. Host a dinner party - Why have I not done this? I am sure I could convince some friends to dress up and come over for a fancy meal. Any takers?

84. Decorate bedroom (started) - I still need to finish the painting for over our bed before I will call this one done.

87. Go to the Texas State Fair - We have our last chance this spring. Hopefully we make it.

88. Learn how to decorate a cake - I really need someone to sign up for a class with me. It will be way more fun then!

90. Go parasailing - No opportunity for this has arisen yet...

91. Go star gazing - When we go camping we will cross this off too.

95. Scan and print wedding photos (or order prints) - See number 11

97. Write a love letter to hubby - I have one in the works.

100. Make a new list of 101 things - I have a list of things I wished I had put on this one.

101. Blog about all 101 - Working on it!

1 comments:

ashley said...

8. hot air balloon ride:
http://www.austinaeronauts.com/

33. ohhh did you book adrienne huebner or someone else?? how fun!

83. dinner party is on my list too but i haven't done it either

87. the fair is on my list too! can't miss out this spring!

keep up the good work! you'll get there!!