Tuesday, June 1, 2010

# 70 Finish Dining Room Chairs


When we first moved to Austin, the only furniture we had was our bed and my drafting table. We hunted for months to find a perfect dining room table. I was raised to buy pieces that are made well and last forever. My standards seemed to be way too high. Then we found our beautiful reclaimed teak set at Jaya, and we knew it was meant to be. The only down side, I didn't love the fabric. About the time I started this list I had started to recover them and they sat in the above state. Seemingly finished, but the fabric on the underside hung down and the cat would play with it since the edges weren't finished. So I put "finish the chairs" on the list because I thought it would give me the drive to finish them. Turns out the drive to finish them didn't come until utter panic that my list deadline was coming up way too fast. So I finished them this past weekend. YAY!
The finished underside.

Close-up of the new fabric. Sorry for the flash, it is an old picture from my point and shoot days.

0 comments: