Monday, November 26, 2007

#14 two more new restaurants

The first new restaurant is Hut's Hamburgers. It has been voted the best hamburger in Austin for the last 21 years by the readers of the Austin Chronicle. I had the Hut's Favorite with
mayo, lettuce, tomatoes, bacon and American cheese. The hubby had the Ritchie Valens Burger
with guacamole, grated cheese, chopped tomatoes, onions, jalapenos, mayo and mustard. I must say that both of the burgers were heavenly! I would rank them up there with the best burgers I have ever had, and that is saying a lot because I am very particular when it comes to burgers.

We also got a half order of their onion rings. These onion rings were huge! I am talking like the size of my face. We only managed to eat one apiece since they were so huge. They are worth trying if for nothing else than the experience.

I really liked the eclectic atmosphere and the beautiful view from our window-side booth. We were able to overlook the river which was nice to observe inside since it was so blooming awful outside. All in all we will for sure be going back and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a tasty burger!



The second new restaurant is far less exciting, but we had never been before so it counts as new. We went to Jason's deli. I got a BLT sandwich. I was much larger than I was expecting. I only ate about half of it since I had to save room for the free soft serve ice cream. It was a good sandwich and they have nice outdoor seating at Southpark Meadows, but I like so many other sandwich shops more. We will probably go back again to try their soups, but overall it gets an ehh.

0 comments: