With the recent visit from my Sister-in-law and nephew and the visit from my mother-in-law and grandmother-in-law, we have been to quite a few Austin museums.
We took T and M to the Blanton Museum of Art. I would highly recommend that you check this one out. We have been there several times and they always have something new as well as permanent exhibits. The only bad part was that we went too close to closing and didn't get to see all the cool stuff.
We took MIL and GMIL to several museums. For starters we went to the Bob Bullock Texas State History Museum. I would say that it is something all Texans (native or not) should see once. And only once. It is quite a lot to absorb. A LOT!
We also went to the LBJ Presidential Library and Museum. This is a really great museum (free) that covers the lives of both LBJ and Lady Bird. It covers not just their lives and presidential terms, but also significant events of those eras. Very interesting, the only downside for me was that I have been there three times in the last year and five times overall, not much changes if anything, so I was a little bored.
We then tried to go to the Mexic Arte Museum. That was a no go. They really should put on their website if they don't currently have an exhibit up.
We then went on the Capitol Tour. Always fun and exciting. Even though the gist is the same every time, your tour guide is different and holds a new fun fact or two.
I am exhausted just thinking about all that museum going. I feel like we went to another one, but it is presently escaping me.

0 comments:
Post a Comment