I hope They Serve Beer in Hell by Tucker Max was, believe it or not, a book club book. While you may have a hard time imagining a group of married women sitting around and discussing this book, it happened. This book was funny and gross. We all know someone who takes it too far or doesn't have a filter for things that come out of their mouth. However, Tucker Max is an extreme version of those people. The way he tells his life experiences is hilarious. This book is not for those who would take offenses to drinking, sex, and crazy escapades. It is for those who want a funny light hearted read.
Knit Two is the sequel to Kate Jacobs' book
The Friday Night Knitting Club. If you read the first book, you will really enjoy this one. The book happens a few years after the first one. It wraps up the story lines of all of the characters. I really enjoyed that because I felt like I still had so many questions at the end of the first book. It was really nice to know what happens to everyone. A must read for those who enjoyed the first book.

Of all the Shopaholic books, I think that
Shopaholic and Sister was my least favorite. There was less humor and a slower story line. I did like that Becky finds out she has a sister and how different they are and yet how similar. I still enjoyed it because I love the series, but it wasn't my favorite.

I loved the most recent Shopaholic book
, Shopaholic and Baby. At the end of the last book Becky discovers she is pregnant with their honeymoon baby. The journey of pregnancy and all things baby is funny. Probably one of my favorites from the series.
1 comments:
I also did not like Shopaholic and Sister. I enjoyed the baby one, but thought I was getting a bit tired of Becky's neurotic ways. Did you read Remember Me by Sophie Kinsella? I enjoyed that one--kinda in the vein of the Shopaholic books, but less shopping. :)
Post a Comment