
This past Saturday we went to Sweet Berry Farms in Marble Falls, TX to pick strawberries. This is the same place we went to pick our pumpkins in the fall to carve. We knew ahead of time that it was going to be a little bit muddy because Marble Falls had gotten a couple inches of rain recently. So, we were all decked out for the mud, even brought a change of shoes and pants. This was a great idea because so many of the people picking didn't want to get muddy. This meant that the really muddy rows had beautiful untouched berries! I did end up sinking past my ankles in mud, but who cares, fresh strawberries are the best!! We ended up picking two boxes worth of berries (~$20). We washed them all up and sorted them. The really ripe ones got covered in chocolate to eat straight away. The not all the way ripe ones were set out for a day to ripen, and the others cut for shortcake. We had so many berries that we froze about 8 cups of berries for later. I have to say it was some of the best strawberry shortcake I have had since I was little (my parents had a huge area of strawberries). I think we might try to go back while they are in season or at least try and make it there for blackberries. Anybody know a good place to pick your own blueberries??

3 comments:
Wow...you've been a busy girl!!!
~MrsMillerTime
Yum! Sounds like a fun day.
how fun!!
Post a Comment