Tonight Chris and I were walking around downtown taking pictures. I am trying to get better with my DSLR. We were walking down 5th street holding hands and talking. Then when we got to the corner of Neches and 5th street we heard tires squealing. We look up and a truck was headed right for us on the sidewalk! We ran right because it seemed like the truck was going to come at us on the left. The whole time I am thinking where is Chris? We had stopped holding hands when we realized it was coming right for us. Then I am thinking oh no we are going to get smashed against the brick wall by this truck, we are going to die. Then the truck started to turn and we bolted back the other way. Then the truck hit the stoplight pole.
Thank God for the pole. The pole saved our lives. Both of the vehicles were damaged quite badly. Everyone was fine. Well except my big toe. It got messed up pretty badly. No injuries though. I am not quite sure how it all happened. It was all a blur.
People came up to us that were across the street and kept asking if we were OK. I am guessing that they too thought we were goners.
If anyone knows the couple that were in the truck thank them for me. Thank them for the last minute turning. Thank them for intentionally putting their truck in the pole. Thank them for saving our lives.
If you have made it this far. Thank you for listening to my rambling. I feel all jittery and like I needed to tell someone else who wasn't there. I am just so shaken up, I feel like crying, but there are no tears.

1 comments:
I honestly think that would give me nightmares! So glad you guys are okay!
Post a Comment