Thursday, October 2, 2008

# 99 Go to the Beach

Labor Day weekend we also found time to drive down to Corpus Christi. We ate at a Delicious seafood restaraunt named Catfish Charlie's. They had the most delicious hush puppies! Yum! I also had unlimited catfish. It is a place you should definitely try out if you are in the area.

After that we went to the Texas State Aquarium. I love going to aquariums! What is really cool about this aquarium, is that they only have species that are native to the Gulf of Mexico. It wasn't the best aquarium ever, but still worth the trip.

Then we headed to the beach. We went to Padre Island National Seashore. Since it is a National Park, you do have to pay $10 per car to get in. It is worth every penny though. Because of the fee it keeps the "rif raf" out and the beach is maintained by the park service. Another bonus is that it is 118 miles of undeveloped coastal beach. This means nothing but dunes, sand and beach as far as the eye can see! I loved going to this beach. The sand was so soft and there weren't a ton of people. It was nice to have our own stretch of beach. ahhh. I wish we could go back. Not sure how that area is after hurricaine Ike...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

pretty picture! :-)