
The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Euxpéry is one of my husband's favorite books. Somehow I don't think that I read this as a child. C insisted that you couldn't truly understand the book until you were an adult. So I read the book. Man is it a deep book for a children's book! It was very well written. I think I may have to read it again to understand all of the book. I recommend it for all, young or old.

When my BFF was in town over Thanksgiving, she insisted that we go see Twilight with her in theaters. Having not read the books, I said sure, why not? The answer to the question would be because no one should have to suffer through that much bad acting. When we left the theaters I said there was no way I would ever read the books if they were half as bad as the movie. SMD insisted that the books were way better and that I should read them. Fast forward to Christmas. I went back home to see my family, where my sister continued to insist that I needed to read them. So I left Illinois with four books in my bag. Still having no interest. Then my husband starts reading them and telling me how good they were. I guess the third person did me in. I started to read them.
I have heard many people compare them to Harry Potter. They are not remotely similar. Harry Potter has many layers and is very well written for people of all ages. Twilight is brain candy for the young adult to adult. There were many spelling and grammar errors that were so glaringly obvious that they made me stop for a second.
However, the books were very good. They are the sort of series that sucks you in until you have finished all the books. I would recommend them for anyone who wants a fun, quick read that is not sad and lets you escape the world while you read.

This is the most recent installment of the Hannah Swenson murder series. I love how the author manages to keep me guessing up until the end. For those of you who don't know me well, it is hard to fool me in a mystery book/movie. I usually figure it out waaaay before anyone else. That is why I love Joanne Fluke, she keeps me guessing. So if you love mystery novels AND you love recipes, this series is for you.

I got my dad this book for Christmas. He finished really quickly and thought that I should read it too. Randy Pausch wrote this book and delivered his Last Lecture as a legacy for his children. He, at the time of publication, was battling terminal cancer. He wanted his young children to have memories and life lessons from him. So he compiled this wonderful book of his experiences, memories and lessons. It is a good read, but a little sad because you know in the end he loses his battle.

1 comments:
Ok, seriously. You and I have so much in common. I too hated Twilight the movie and the books are terrible! I am surprised at how many followers that series has. YUCK!
And I love Joanne Fluke's books. I need to get one from the library...thanks for the reminder! :)
Wasn't there a cartoon called The Little Prince? Was the book anything like that? This was back in the 80s...
Post a Comment