Monday, June 8, 2009

#5 Coffee Table

I was not in love with our hand me down coffee table. It was made of solid, very heavy, MDF. It was hard to move around we I needed to vacuum or if I wanted to play with the Wii. It served no additional purpose aside from being a flat surface.

We decided to make our own coffee table to fit our needs after we discovered that what we wanted didn't really exist. If it did exist it was way to pricey. It is not fully completed (is any project ever around here :P), but it is functional. The outside is made of bending birch. The top is removable and cushioned. The inside is hollow for blanket and pillow storage. There is also a flip out compartment for holding the remotes and coasters. The top can also be flipped over for a hard surface to set your food/beverages on. All in all I really love this piece. It is so light that I can scoot it with just my big toe, even when it has blankets in it. :)

2 comments:

Juicy said...

hot damn! that is an awesome coffee table. Make me one, please? :)

Larisa said...

oh wow! Very impressive!