I tried two new restaurants while back home in Illinois. The first one was in Jacksonville (my hometown). My mom, dad, sister, hubby and I went to the Brickhouse Barbeque Restaurant. We started with two appetizers, chili cheese fries and BBQ nachos with white cheese sauce. Yum-o! They had three different bbq sauces, all of which were tasty. For my meal I had a pony shoe, also with white cheese sauce. For those of you who don't know what a horse shoe is, it is two pieces of toast with a meat on top then fries on top of that and then CHEESE sauce! A pony shoe is half the size with one piece of toast. It wasn't the best pony shoe I have ever had, but it was tasty. The restaurant gets extra points in book because they played Gwen Stefani's concert the whole time we were there.
The second place was Dublin Pub in Springfield (hubby's hometown) with the in-laws. We wanted to go to Darcy's Pint, which has the BEST horse shoes ever, but they were closed for New Years eve. We tried out Dublin Pub instead. I also had a pony shoe there with a hamburger DH (darling husband) had corned beef. The cheese sauce was very lackluster and since the cheese makes the horse shoe I would have to say I wouldn't go back. It is no comparison to Darcy's Pint. Maybe when we are back next...

0 comments:
Post a Comment