Wednesday, February 6, 2008

5 new restaurants in Austin

Over the last two months DH and I have tried 5 new restaurants in Austin! I have been so bad about blogging though. So here we go...

1) The first is Waterloo Ice House. They opened a new branch at the South Park Meadows shopping area. The food was pretty good, however the service was pretty bad. My chicken taco salad was very tasty I would definately get it again! DH got chicken and mashed potatoes and a veggie, his food was cold :( It was like they made his food and then let it sit around while they made my salad. Then, one of my biggest peeves, the waiter didn't come back to check on us. I mean the place was nearly dead, would it have killed him to come and fill our glasses? I hate it when my glass just sits empty, HELLO! I am thirsty over here. Arg...The service was bad, but I would probably go back and give them another chance.

2) We also tried Juan's Mexicali, it just opened down the street on Brodie. The food was...interesting. It was not at all what I expected. The foods were traditional American foods, but with a mexican twist. I got a quesadilla (not strange for a mexican place) with BBQ chicken and no cheese! It was very delicious and quite filling. We also got the nachos with white queso, very tasty! All in all I would go back, but it is not a new favorite.

3) Yaghi's New York Pizzeria. Do you ever get those cravings for greasy pizza by the slice like you used to get in college? Well this is a not so greasy substitute. I got a slice of pepperoni (favorite topping) and DH got a slice of Margherita. It was very tasty and I was very hungry. I would go back if I was looking for a quick thin crust slice and didn't want to wait in line at Homeslice.

4) So DH finally drug me to Burger Tex. I had been avoiding it, because, well, it looks a little shady. Like a chinese buffet turned "Texan" in the decor. Their burgers and very good though. I wish the little old lady hadn't rushed me then I would have seen that they had a 4 oz burger, istead of the 6 ouncer that I got. Enough about the burgers though, lets talk about the fries! There is a place beck home that has the most wonderfully seasoned fries, they aren't salty but cajony. Burger Tex seems to have a very similar seasoning, and I LOVE it! Next time I think I will make DH split a burger and then eat all the fries myself :)

5) To round it off we went to Mozarts Coffee and Cafe. I normally wouldn't count a coffee shop as a restaurant, but I had a bagel there. The location is nice, and I wish that the weather had been nice so that we could have eaten outside. DH said their coffee was good (I don't drink coffee) and I thought that their iced tea wasn't too shabby. We will go back once the weather is nicer, only because DH loves coffee so much though. :)

0 comments: